Lean Manufacturing: Efficient Six Sigma Manufacturing
How Does Lean Manufacturing Work?
Lean Manufacturing facilitates simple, small and continuous improvements in your business’s manufacturing processes—such as changing tool placement, or situating two workstations closer to each other. Many small improvements added together lead to a higher level of efficiency throughout your entire manufacturing system (change). This helps your business achieve and sustain:
“Lean Manufacturing is a deliberate streamlining of the production process—from the procurement of raw materials to the delivery of the final product or service to the customer.
The goal of Lean Manufacturing is to eliminate unnecessary time, materials and labor, or waste, thereby increasing both the efficiency of the manufacturing process, as well as the profitability of the final product.”
Pat Lucansky, CSSMBB, CLS, CMC
Executive Director, VIP Group
What is Waste?
Waste is any practice or behavior that adds unnecessary time, labor, materials, or other expenses to the manufacturing process. Waste results in:
- Added production costs for your business
- The increased price customers pay for a finished product or service
The VIPGroup 4-Step Approach to Lean Manufacturing Implementation
Our Lean Manufacturing project management team is always looking for ways to help maximize your business’s efficiency and effectiveness by streamlining your manufacturing processes.
To accomplish this, we employ a proven and reliable 4-Step approach beginning with an Assessment and Implementation then moving through sustaining the improvements in the Normalization and Continuous improvement stages to implement a lean culture into your business’s production processes:
1. We help your business identify waste through our comprehensive Operational Assessment, which includes:
- Overproduction: Are you producing more than consumers demand?
- Waiting: How much down time exists between production steps?
- Inventory: Are your supply levels and work-in-progress inventories too high or low?
- Transportation: Do you move materials efficiently?
- Over-Processing: Do you work on one product too many times?
- Motion: Do workers and equipment move between tasks efficiently?
- Defects: How much time do you spend fixing product errors?
- Workforce: Do you use your workers effectively?
- Visible performance tracking systems
- Formal timely project reviews
- Utilizing cross-functional and departmental teams that adjust the Lean Manufacturing approach and implementation plans accordingly
- Pre-determined, on-site follow up visits by VIPGroup staff
- Additional on-site training, evaluation and consultation to ensure lean manufacturing systems are maintained, and goals are met
Personalized Lean Manufacturing Protocols for Your Business
Our Lean Manufacturing team understands that no two businesses function the same. Because of this, every program we design and implement is personalized and customized to the business in question. This includes internal value adding activities that facilitate a personal growth resulting in a total buy-in of your lean culture. Therefore, when working to design and implement a Lean Manufacturing culture in your business, our team helps ensure:
- VIPGroup engagements are organized to provide the least disruptions to ongoing operations
- That cash flow and profitability must be retained during any engagement
- The timing of the interactions with your personnel is planned and organized with your senior management before any work begins
- That throughout every engagement, our Lean Manufacturing team provides continual updates to your senior management on the progress made
- Providing growth for your employees, as well as personal accountability of implemented processes and product
About VIPGroup’s Lean Manufacturing Experts
Value Innovation Partners, Ltd. is an operations improvement firm specializing in Lean Enterprise, Lean Manufacturing, Lean Supply Chain Management, Six Sigma,Regulatory & Compliance, Lean Healthcare, and Pharmacovigilance. We serve a variety of industries from discrete parts to continuous flow, from basic manufacturing to complex assembly/packaging operations and from pharmaceuticals to bio-techs to medical devices (The Life Sciences). Our approach is based on a structured process with benefits at each stage. Contact us to learn more or schedule a consultation today.